The PetSafe No Bark collar works by emitting shocks to the dog. When she barks, the vibration activates the sensor. The static shock is emitted through contacts touching her skin.
The shocks increase in intensity as she barks, beginning with a low level of shock correction and increasing a bit with each bark that occurs within 30 seconds of the previous one. After she stops, the shock intensity is reset to the lowest level. Each shock is accompanied by a beep so you know when it is working. If she barks 15 times in 50 seconds, the collar shuts itself off automatically for 3 minutes.
“We really had great luck with this product. I give it 5 stars because after using this Petsafe collar, our dog stopped barking. However, I do want to relay experiences with our other dog. We bought two collars and one dog really reacted positively.
After only a few weeks, she stops all barking when she sees the collar come out. Our other dog has a strange temperament. When she was shocked, she cried. The collar thought she was barking and shocked her more, which was awful for her.
“Some other information that you might find useful includes the way the collar works. It does not detect a bark by sound but rather by vibrations in the dog’s throat, so make sure the collar is tight enough that the contacts touch her skin. A dog with thick fur may not be able to trigger the collar, so it may not be effective on those types of dogs. Dogs need to be given time to train with the collar, so be patient as it will take a few weeks for the collar to completely change the dog’s barking behavior.
Do not leave the collar on your dog for more than 12 hours, as per the instructions, because they may develop a skin rash from overuse. Use the collar routinely to get the dog used to it for short durations.
Try to use it most when the dog is likely to bark a lot. The shock given to the dog is not painful and you can test it out for yourself to see – it feels like a static electricity shock. However, depending on your dog, the reaction may be unexpected to pay attention to how the dog behaves. Otherwise, I recommend this product to anyone. Good luck using it!”
- The collar is lightweight and waterproof.
- Six levels of automatically adjusting correcting lets your dog find the level that is just right for her size and personality.
- Perfect for dogs 8 lbs. and up.
- The Good/low battery indicator alerts you when it is time to change your collar’s power source.
- Uses PetSafe RFA-67 lithium battery (included).
- Adjustable nylon collar senses vibration in dog’s throat during barking
- Lightweight receiver perfect for toy or small breeds
- Includes water-resistant receiver, operating manual and replaceable 6-volt battery
- Receiver measures 1.75 x 1 x 1.25 inches; limited lifetime warranty